Friday, July 17, 2009

A Letter to Harry

Dear Harry Potter,

I'm sorry to inform you that we need to end our relationship. I know, I know...I've loved you and been with you through all seven of your books, and five of your movies. I've enjoyed our time together, however all good things must come to an end. You see, Harry, you no longer bring me joy...only heartache and annoyance. Because of you....

THEY

got all dressed up tonight to go to their first movie, YOUR movie, alone with a friend...(although, much to their dismay dad did go to the same movie, just not "with" them. )

And as if it's not enough that you're responsible for aging my daughters over night...you are also responsible for the fact that tonight I cleaned

THISOn my hands and knees because...

THISwas used as a broomstick earlier in the week!

Thanks so much, Harry.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Hee hee...oh courtney..don't you think you guys could have a secret relationship? Hee. So true..so true..not to mention the fact kess probably came home from that movie pinin over Ron Weasley, and Rhiannon trying to figure out how she could fix her hair so she could be more like Hermione. I believe your "Harry Potter" movie at that age was "grease 2". Michelle Pfeiffer taught us how to climb a ladder. xo.

Sarah said...

Death to Harry! They just HAD to make "Quidditch" a part of the movie. The extra laundry the "uniform" causes you...not to mention my toddler being assaulted during a "tournament" because he "didn't know the rules".

Harry Potter should have been discontinued the moment that kid hit puberty.

banananutmeg said...

I love that dad tagged along to the movie. My first "no parents allowed" movie was a midnight showing of U2 Rattle&Hum, my dad slept in the car in the theater parking lot because we couldn't drive and the closest movie theater was 30 minutes away.
You could put the girls in my laminater to keep them young, but I already tried it with mine and it doesn't work. Growing up is sad!

Amy said...

lol.. Courtney.Those Orange-glo mop heads are the flimsiest things ever made! You wanna blame somebody, blame Billy Mays. Oops, just remembered he's gone.
Okay, go ahead and blame HP..