Sunday, May 23, 2010

Family Vacation 2009

My grandparents live in Austin.   The last time we saw them, Colin was a baby.  So, as part of our summer plans we made a trip to Austin to see them.

DSCF2863

DSCF2859

Notice the white cloth on my grandpa’s arm?  He’s a funny little man.  Connor asked, “Why come you broke your arm?”  Grandpa then explained that he keeps the cloth on his arm so his new puppy won’t scratch him.  I loved visiting with them again.  I have so many memories of visiting them in rural Arkansas when I was growing up.  My fondest memories are of Grandma’s homemade breakfast with farm fresh eggs, that I “picked” myself, and homemade jam and biscuits.  I watched my first duck hatch at their house and traveled home with 23 baby ducklings in a cardboard box.  (That was a noisy ride home) I walked on a frozen pond at their house, and went fishing, shot BB guns, walked in the woods, picked plums, and ALWAYS took a swing on the tire swing!  What amazing memories I have of them. 

My kids enjoyed visiting with them too, but of course they were inclined to spend most of their time snuggling Grandma’s new dog, Kayla.

DSCF2853 DSCF2856 DSCF2857 DSCF2867

DSCF2868

I never realized how much I look like my Grandma until I saw this picture.  She is an amazing woman.  She is so full of grace, strength, and courage!  I love her and I’m so thankful for my family.

1 comment:

Amy said...

she is beautiful and so are you! Hope you guys are doing well...