Sunday, May 23, 2010

Family Vacation 2009 – San Antonio

After meeting my grandparents for breakfast the next morning, we headed to San Antonio.  We wanted to see the Alamo and the Riverwalk.  When I was ten we lived in San Antonio for a whopping 5 months.  I remember going to the Alamo and the Riverwalk, but it was a lot more fun as an adult.

DSCF2871The grounds were beautiful!  I never realized how desert-like San Antonio and Austin are.  The trees are short and low to the ground.  And of course it couldn’t be a desert without a few cacti!DSCF2873 DSCF2875 It was a beautiful sunny day!  We cooled off in the shade with a shaved ice.DSCF2881Once we were sufficiently cool we took a stroll along the Riverwalk.  It was so fun!  I did have a few minor panic attacks, however, when we would walk along a narrow pathway…Connor got so tired of me clinging to him.  But anyone who knows Connor knows he doesn’t walk, he bounces, uncontrollably.  I was afraid he was going to bounce right into the river.DSCF2889We took a boat ride down the river.  I took tons of pictures of the buildings, but now, I have no idea what was significant about them.  DSCF2891 DSCF2902DSCF2903 DSCF2907The ride was fun, but eventually it got a little “long”.  We were hot and tired…  DSCF2906So you can imagine how happy we were to find Ice Cream!  It was the best chocolate peanut butter ice cream I’ve ever had!DSCF2909 Before hiking back to our car we stopped inside a hotel so that the girls could take a potty break.  The boys entertained themselves by pretending they were on skateboards. DSCF2919DSCF2920 DSCF2922 DSCF2924 We fell into bed exhausted and sooo excited for the next day!

No comments: