Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's All in the Timing


My girls are turning twelve in January. I can't believe it. Twelve seems so old. It's such a pivotal age. Now is the time to celebrate mood swings, boys, talking on the phone, being "oh so cool", and boobs.
It seems being a twin could get complicated in this area. Kess has developed much faster than Rhiannon.
Yesterday, when Kess was alone and Rhiannon was playing outside, Sarah congratulated her on her new boobs. Which is amazing because it appears over night she went from a developing chest to real boobs. Kess smiled so sweetly and embarrassed and Sarah explained to her how wonderful they are and not to be embarrassed. We talked about how we didn't want to hurt Rhiannon's feelings by saying anything in front of her.
At that moment, the door swung open and Rhiannon very loudly announced, "Mom, I want new boo?s for Christmas!"
We died laughing. Did she say she wants new BOOBS for Christmas?
"What did you say Rhiannon?"
"I said I want new booTs for Christmas!"
Oh my gosh, the timing...it was hilarious!

3 comments:

Martindale News said...

That is too funny... I can see where that would present a problem between twins.

Amy said...

om gosh, thanks for the laugh Courtney.... I remember when they were born and oh so tiny!

Team Routt said...

I wants "boots" for christmas too!!!!