Sunday, December 14, 2008

We need a little Christmas

December 6th was a very busy Saturday. We woke up early and went to Breakfast with Santa. We had pancakes and sausage. The kids took turns telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas.


Even the girls weren't too cool for Santa!
Bradley was Rhiannon's buddy for the day. They're so cute!

Bryce, Colin, Rhiannon, Bradley(love the lips), and Connor. Judging by the color of my boys' shirts, you'd think I thought it was a Thanksgiving parade instead of a Christmas parade. However, I just grabbed what was clean. And the lucky winner was orange.

After the breakfast we walked to the square to stake out our seats for the annual Bentonville Christmas parade. Excitement was in the air, the music was blaring and piercing our ear drums. The kids were dancing with excitement. I was busy laying out blankets saving spots for our crew. I ticked off a lot of children when the candy started being thrown during the parade, because I wouldn't let them stand on my blankets. So to make up for it, I caught the candy and distributed it to those who were less fortunate and didn't get to the parade as early as I did to ensure a front row seat. Gee, aren't I nice? It was a LOT of fun!
The boys enjoyed torturing Bryce by playing, "Let's see who can smother Bryce with the most attention."


Soon, the game changed to dancing for Bryce. Colin showed him how it was done. "You got to move it, move it!"
Bryce danced with his head...it was the only body part free to move, because everything else was bundled in blankets.

Oooooh, he's so CUTE. Sarah and Tom have three BEAUTIFUL children!

Soon, the first float meandered down the road. Rhiannon watched intently.

Everyone was in such awe that they couldn't manage even a tiny smile. The Bentonville parade is mesmerizing.
Todd and Colin enjoying the festivities.

Here are a few of my favorite floats.


First and foremost must be the Girl Scout Cookie float. This float has nothing to do with my love of Girl Scouts. It's all about the Cookies! Anyone who knows me, knows how I ADORE cookies. I love them. I've never met a bad cookie, (okay except for those loft house cookies at Walmart that are sugar cookies iced in pink or yellow with sprinkles, that everyoned seems to love but me? Yeah, that's nasty!)


Bradley and Bryce's sister Karah was in the parade, I didn't get a very good picture of her, but her float was also one of my favorites.

Another one of my favorites was Camp Bow Wow. That's our friend Sherri and her Newfoundland, Bella.

Last, but not least, no parade is complete without a purple car. I love purple.

3 comments:

Martindale News said...

First of all I can not believe how big your kids are. Looks like you guys had a great time and I love the purple car too!

Sarah said...

I was saddened you didnt have a pic of the bongo playing jospeh in the elctric guitar nativity scene.

banananutmeg said...

Happy Birthday, Courtney!