Sunday, August 22, 2010

Boys

102_2685  102_2686

After a very easy going, semi-unproductive day, I took the boys to the pool.  I have enjoyed our trips to the pool this summer.  It’s especially fun when I can take just a couple of the kids and spend more individual time with them.  Today’s trip included holding the tiny star ring, made for a toddler, while the boys tried to catapult into them.  Being the somewhat paranoid-type I insisted on holding the ring about 4 ft away from the wall.  It was hilarious watching how they would land on the tube.  Typically, poor Connor would land one foot in and one foot out, split-style.  He was not amused. 

Colin had fairly good aim and often went right through the middle, but tried not to panic when he felt the snugness of the tube.  There was fear in his eyes as he struggled to free himself. 

When that game got old I told Connor I’d pay him a dollar if he could climb on to the top of the tube without any help from me or the side of the pool.  The goal was to sit in the hole of the ring.  After several unsuccessful tries, I decided to make things a little more exciting.

“Connor, I’ll pay you a dollar if you can do it.  But you have to pay me a dollar if I can do it first.”  Evidently I was delusional.  Forgetting I’m in my mid thirties and completely out of shape I began launching myself onto a teeny tiny star shaped ring….in a swimsuit…er…dress two sizes too small.  I’m sure someone’s watching me on youtube at this very moment.  I obviously did not account for the fact that my butt is as wide as the entire circumference of the ring.  I owe Connor a dollar.

After dinner Rhiannon and Kess went off to a birthday party and Todd and I took the boys for a walk.  They have been saving their money so they could buy Connor a skateboard.  I love the fact that Colin was willing to donate his money to Connor so that they could skateboard together.  With skateboards in tow we headed down the walking trail. 

102_2689  Colin led the way.102_2687

Connor was close behind. 102_2694

They tried out a new kind of skateboarding.

102_2700

As always, it wouldn’t be a trip to the walking trail without a little exploring. 102_2717

102_2709The adventure wouldn’t be complete without wet shoes, too!

102_2704 Sweaty and tired we headed home, but not without being reminded of how much you boys really love each other.  It makes a momma very happy!

1 comment:

banananutmeg said...

you are blogging again! I leave this comment just so you can remember that people spy on you.

The school bus cake is so freaking cute!