Monday, August 23, 2010

Today’s Treasures

101_3959 edited While discussing the impending arrival of another school day tomorrow, Colin said (with his most southern twang), “Why is it summer goes like this:  snap, snap, snah-up?  And school goes like this: snap…(pause)… snap…(pause)…snap?”

I didn’t have an answer.  But I loved the way he said, snah-up.

Today Connor proclaimed, “Mom, I know my first “times” math problem. 5x2=10.  And I think 49x2=98.”  I hate to admit but, I was only half listening and I said, “That’s right.” 

“It is?” he said.  Then I paused…calculated…and realized, “Yeah, that IS right, Connor!”  I was impressed and a tiny bit excited.  I love math.  Maybe he does too!

I was officially labeled, “Very out of shape” today while playing a friendly game of tether ball with Rhiannon.  I was winded two minutes in and needed a water break.  Even with my water breaks, she still beat me.  Who knew tether ball was so physically challenging?

Kess made me laugh today when she proclaimed, “I’m SO bored!  No one will play with me!  I’m sure glad I’m NOT an only child, because I would be bored ALL of the time!” 

I will definitely be reminding her of this in the near future.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

They are all so cute....amazing math skillz!