Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Pit of Despair

About a month ago, (possibly longer) I decided I would do a "get real" post and take pictures of my boys messy, messy room. The idea was that I would then take pictures of it all clean and tidy, and I could feel a sense of accomplishment. Well, instead the room sat...

and SAT...
and got messier...
and MESSIER!

FINALLY...weeks later...I cleaned it. You may be wondering, why didn't Colin and Connor clean it? Honestly, it wasn't worth it. I got to throw things away and dejunk and declutter much faster on my own. My intention now is that they are in charge of maintaining it. We have a basement...basements are for toys...bedrooms are for sleeping. They seem to have a difficult time grasping this concept, because as you can see by the following picture, THIS is what I found tonight.
I believe smoke literally came out my ears and my head began to spin.
Yes, that is Georgie curled up in the closet, on a pile of "who knows what".
Where...where did they find the toys I had discreetly stashed downstairs? And when...WHEN did they bring them upstairs? Where was I? Did they tuck them under their shirts so I wouldn't see them?? Did one of them keep me occupied so that the other could slip by without me noticing? Or do these toys have legs and simply climbed the stairs to the pit of despair? I simply don't get it. I don't.

So, it was time to enforce my newest bedroom rules. And before bedtime their room looked like this, again...at least until tomorrow night!
(Boy, Celeste, I could sure use your decorating skills. Their room may be clean, but it is pretty pathetic, and uninviting!)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

"Cleaning house while your kids are still growing - is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing." Feel yer pain.

banananutmeg said...

I almost expected a "rodent of unusual size" to come flying out of nowhere in the pics.

Good for you for getting it cleaned again before bed!

Martindale News said...

Ahhh the joys of motherhood! Sounds like you have it all under control. I agree with Sarah but it is worth the try. If you read Aubrey's blog I think I caused some OCD. OOPS

Celeste and Joe said...

just tell me where you live and i'm seriously there!