Sunday, October 12, 2008

This One's For You

My kids are always catching me reading blogs or working on mine. Kess wanted to know if I was going to blog about her broken arm. So, this one's for you, Kess.
About two weeks ago Kess was playing soccer against a boys team (very important detail to an 11 yr old girl, it's also important to mention that the girls won!) She was going for the ball and got tangled up with one of the boys. She went down pretty hard, but managed to shake it off and finish out the game. Her arm hurt for most of the weekend, but I honestly did not think it was broken. For my own peace of mind I reluctantly took her to the doctor on Monday, and lo, and behold she had fractured her wrist! A week later we saw an orthopedist who put her in a hot pink cast and told her she could play soccer if she wanted to. So, with her arm wrapped in bubble wrap, Kess played in the Ozark Cup tournament this weekend. Her team won first place! I didn't like the idea of her playing with a broken arm, but she played great! We are so proud of you, Kess! Oooooh, I love you!

1 comment:

mom said...

Oh my Kessie girl. You look so cute with a cast on. You know that you are the first one out of my children and grandchildren to have a cast as a result of a break. Yeah Kess. I love you and miss you. Grandma