Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Evolutions...and not of the X-Men or Heroes freaky kind




Welcome to my new blog! This is a momentous occasion! Why, you may ask...it's just a blog. Well friends...and people I don't know...it is soooo much more than that. This blog symbolizes just another step in my evolution. (Yes, I've been watching "Heroes" season 2 on DVD in order to get caught up before the next season starts...but I'm seriously not talking about that kind of evolution). This past year has been full of changes for me. Last summer I was ready to embark on a new journey...public school for my oldest three and preschool for Connor. Wow...what a huge step. It took a while for me to be comfortable with the idea...but we did it and there is no lookin' back!!! From there I find myself one year later with four in school and me home alone! Wow...now if that's not evolution! And even better, I'm totally okay with it and lovin' it!!!

More evolution...take my hair, for example, last year...long and dark....



This year....short and blond and growing again! Also, I had a few extra meaty pounds on me, which I've worked off since then. (Of course it's all creepin' back on, but we'll save that conversation for another day...and we will also save the conversation about avoidance and procrastination...haven't quite conquered those yet).


Yes, this is me, in all my unkept, unclean, smelly glory...NASTY, but, in an attempt to stay true to my blogging purpose I posted this picture to begin my journey of not trying to be perfect, or appear perfect. And I could probably use a little help in the "how not to look like a boy" department. My hair getting longer will help fo' sure, but hey it's all about the process, right?

But back to my original thought, why is this blog significant as opposed to the one I had started? Because I'm finally in a place where I want to be comfortable with me. Holy cow, I feel like I've been to the depths of places I never wanna go back to, over this past year. It has been a tumultuos and long, long journey...and it's not over yet, BUT I have emerged and I'm getting to know myself, I think for the first time. And it's a really good thing! So, hence I needed a blog that was more me.

I love people, some more than others, (yeah, you know who you are). And there are so many people I want to emulate because I adore them...take Lorelai Gilmore for example...I want to be her. She eats whatever she wants, never gains a pound, she's hilarious and so witty, she can totally say the right thing to her uptight daughter (I have one of those), and she's not a rule follower (unfortunately, I am!) But it's time to let go of being someone other than Court. Some people like me, so surely they see something I don't. My blog will never be as funny as Sarah's, http://thethreelittlebearcubs.blogspot.com/, but that's okay...because that's one reason I love her...She's hilarious. If we were both hilarious, it would just be one big competition. "I'm funnier, no I'm funnier...etc" Plus, she takes gorgeous pictures...I love pictures, but do I have to be as good as Sarah...no! I have my own style...and that's OK. (Sorry, don't mean to pick on you Sarah!) There are blogs of people I don't even know, and I'll never be as charming or beautiful or have as much style and flair as they do! But who cares. That's the point, this blog is ME! Whatever that is. I could go on and on about the lessons I've learned and continue to learn, but then what else would we talk about. There will probably be a lot of evolving going on here...so stick around. It could get interesting! Oh, yeah...and purple is my FAVORITE color! And I've learned I want to be a cake decorator...eventually!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

glad you have finally come to terms that you will NEVER be as funny as me - or take pictures like I do. And dont forget whatmy sweet child said ,"Courtney will NEVER be as thin as you." HAHAHAHAHA

So fun watching you come into your own. love you!