Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Road Kill

I kill animals. That simple. Some sick person at the mini van plant put an internal animal magnet inside my wheel wells. Did you know that 1 million vertebrates are run over each day in the United States? That is a rate of one every 11.5 seconds.....now that is a lot of roadkill - and I am responsible for a large majority of those.

Among my victims are the snake, raccoon, possum, turtle, bunny, bird, armadillo, and near fatalities with a dog, cat, and a deer. My friend Sarah even nicknamed my van "Slayah!"

I used to get really upset over it and I know just accept it as my fate....and theirs. I used to swerve and now I just go straight and hope for the best. I fear I am becoming past feeling on this issue. I have even been known to laugh a time or two. Do I ditch the car? Is it me? These are conversations I can't help but have with myself.

Fasten your seat belts as you endure many conversations with Court.



I am a friend of the animals. Really. I am.

No comments: